Monday, August 23, 2010

Lead their lives

"When someone sees the same people everyday, they wind up becoming part of that person's life and they want that person to change. If someone isn't what others want them to be, the others become angry. Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how others should lead their lives, but none of his or her own." -Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
I came home from Halifax in May, without most of my stuff and a lease signed for September. I thought I would be going back to Dalhousie but instead, I am going to college to become an outdoor guide in Fernie. I am not sure how I changed my life course over the summer but the ride has been a challenge because like Coelho says I do not have a clear idea of how to live my life. And i've been so angry all this time! Who's life have I been leading instead of my own?

No comments:

Post a Comment